VÚB Leasing signed and drew a line of credit with the European Investment Bank Luxembourg (EIB) at the end of 2014 for 50 million euros. The funds will enable clients to invest in regional development, SME development, environmental support, or the development of a knowledge-based economy with preferential terms.
Resources are intended for small and medium-sized enterprises with up to 250 employees and large corporations with up to 3,000 employees. The funds can be drawn in the form of a financial or operating lease or a loan. To be provided with resources from this credit line, the applicant must comply with the rules laid down by the European Investment Bank.
The main benefits for clients who take advantage of financing from EIB are:
- a more favorable interest rate
- simple loan administration
- possibility to combine EIB resources with funds from VÚB Leasing, possibly with other sources (subsidies from the Agricultural Paying Agency - PPA, EU Structural Funds).
Terms and conditions of drawdown:
- for the application of preferential financing, a maximum threshold of EUR 12.5 million of the volume of the lease or loan applies
- project investment costs may not exceed EUR 25 million
- the minimum maturity of the loan is 2 years
Investment loans from EIB resources are intended to support regional development, small and medium-sized enterprises or sectors such as the environment, infrastructure, the development of a knowledge-based economy and society and the efficient use of energy, health and education. Companies can refinance fixed and variable rate projects for 5 and 10 years, for example in the construction of production halls, equipment, technology purchases, modernization of educational or health facilities, as well as during environmental projects.